Picaria is a Native American game played by the Pueblo Indians that resembles tic-tac-toe and checkers. The game board and instructions can be downloaded by clicking the link or image below.
- Picaria Board – Download PDF below.
- Game Markers – Each player needs their own unique set of three markers. This can be beads, coins, construction paper cutouts, etc.
- The two players decide which set of markers they will use and who will go first.
- Each player takes turns placing one marker on the board until all markers have been placed. No player is allowed to place a marker in the center of the board at this point.
- After all markers have been placed on the board, the players take turns moving one piece along a line to the different intersection points. The players are now allowed to use the center point.
- A player wins the game when they have three markers in a row – either a straight line or a diagonal line.